JAMIE OLIVER'S VANILLA (CHOC-CHIP) CUPCAKES
225g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
225g caster sugar
4 large free-range eggs
1 vanilla pod
225g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
NOTE: We decided to add 3/4 cup dark choc chips (you could add blueberries instead)
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC , and line two 12-hole cupcake trays with paper cases. In a food processor or by hand, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. One by one, crack in the eggs, making sure you beat each one in before adding the next. Split the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds, then add half the seeds to the mixture.
2. Sift in the flour and baking powder, then pulse until just combined or gently fold together by hand.
3. Using two teaspoons, divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean of cake mixture.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely, then enjoy!